20 February 2018
Green Mondays are continuing, with the following speakers confirmed:
* 26 February, John Ashton, Co-Founder of Third Generation Environmentalism (E3G), plus Jamie Peters, of Friends of the Earth.
* 5 March, Alasdair Roxburgh, FoE's Director of Communities and Networks.
* 12 March, Jonathan Bartley, Co-Leader of the Green Party.
* Cancelled: 19 March, George Monbiot, environmental campaigner and journalist - possibly rearranged to early June.
* 26 March, Amelia Womack, Deputy Leader of the Green Party, will be the main speaker for this Green Monday.
Another great day to join the fun at PNR will be Friday 16th March – ‘jig at the rig’ day! Swing into spring and warm up for an exciting summer of action with a massive dance off at the gates of the Preston New Road fracking site.
Reclaim the Power will be dropping a live Ceilidh of resistance in the tracks of Lancashire’s drilling trucks and mixing it up with the legendary tunes of Pete the Temp, local poetry, a pub quiz and hot food from the community kitchen.
When March ends, UNITED RESISTANCE begins at PNR!! From the beginning of April to the end of June, a variety of groups/organisations will each be 'adopting' a week and organising peaceful protests and actions, to coincide with the period when Cuadrilla think they'll begin fracking.
The first week (starting 2 April) - subtitled 'Love and Defiance' - has been adopted by the 'Women of Nanashire', and other groups, including the women of the 'Call for Calm' White Wednesdays. The week beginning 16th April will be Lancaster week, and the week beginning 4 June will be Green Party week.
If you’d like to get involved in visiting PNR and/or helping to organize and publicise anti-fracking campaigns and events, please contact mailto:email@example.com
You can find out more about the United Resistance plans via these links: