7 April 2018
Anti-Fracking Events - The United Resistance
From the beginning of April to the end of June, a variety of groups/organisations will each be 'adopting' a week and organising peaceful protests and actions at Preston New Road, to coincide with the period when Cuadrilla think they'll begin fracking.
Check out the details at https://www.facebook.com/UnitedResistanceUK/.
Provisional themes for each week are:
* Week 1: 2-6 April -
16&id=1c91fe4910&e=6cb1b196fa' organised by the women of Nanashire and other
* Week 2: 9-13 April - 'Political Colours'
* Week 3: 16-20 April - 'Northwest Week' - with different days organised by
groups from Manchester, Bolton, Lancaster and Liverpool.
* Week 4: 23-27 April - 'No Faith in Fracking'
* Week 5: 30 April - 4 May - 'Arts and Music against fracking'
* Week 6: 7-11 May - 'Save Our Land', with Friends of the Earth.
* Week 7: 14-18 May - 'Uniting the Roses', with groups from Lancashire and
* Week 8: 21-25 May - 'Camps United'
* Week 9: 28 May - 1 June - International Week
* Week 10: 4-8 June - Trade Unions Week
* Week 11: 11-15 June - Green Party Week
* Week 12: 18-22 June - PNR Week
* Week 13: 25-29 June - 'Reclaim The Power'
Could you help to organise an event to fit in with one or more of these themes, or bring along a bunch of people? The aim is to get big numbers at the gates every day. Please get some dates for visiting PNR in your diary now if you can. If you need a lift or can offer lifts to others, please contact mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are a few events that NLGP members are involved in organizing or supporting:
* Tuesday 3 April - 100 women at PNR - marking 100 years of women’s
suffrage. See the facebook event at
https://www.facebook.com/events/333199483852427/ for more details.
* Wednesday 4 April - Women’s peace walk followed by a ‘yarn-on’ (a
knitting-based alternative to a lock-on!).
* Tuesday 17 April - Lancaster makes Music at PNR. We are aiming to provide
lots of lively tunes at the gates. Come listen and dance to stop the
destruction. Are you a musician? Part of a choir? In a band? We would love
it if you could come and play, please get in touch with
mailto:email@example.com We can pay expenses if needed.
* Wednesday 18 April - April Showers! Tape or paint 'NO' to your umbrella
and bring it along to dance to some rain-themed tunes. Let’s show Cuadrilla
Lancaster says 'NO' to fracking!
Anti-fracking Fundraiser Gig - Friday 20th April
Friday 20 April at the Yorkshire House, 2 Parliament Street, Lancaster LA1 1DB. Doors open from 7.30pm. Recommended donation £5/4. PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF DATE.
On 27 July 2017 four people from Lancaster blockaded the gates of Preston New Road for 11 hours to fight against fracking. Come to hear some cracking tunes from Urban Blitzz, https://facebook.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=610f4ff7c76ce13e
3554fa916&id=8fc50281f9&e=6cb1b196fa (formerly known as eating disorder),
6&id=c687ad1ba7&e=6cb1b196fa and https://facebook.us17.list-manage.com/track
/click?u=610f4ff7c76ce13e3554fa916&id=bf68b9a6be&e=6cb1b196fa and help raise money for anti-fracking fines and court costs.